DIY FRIDAY! Yeah!
This week’s project is once again a penny-saver. You need the following:
Cereal boxes in different colours
Metal ruler (or paper guillotine)
Glue or glue gun
- Start with flattening the cereal box
2. Start cutting the box in strips. I just eyeball the measurement. If you want, you can cut it in strips of 1.5cm.
3. When all the strips are cut, lie them all flat and seal them with sellotape. (Or you can laminate the whole unit when done, but I haven’t tried it yet.) Will try one and let you know.
4. Start weaving the place mat. Start by gluing the two ends together.
6. Try to use different shades all around so it doesn’t become monotonous.
7. When you’re done, glue the ends and tie it up.
8. I unfortunately don’t have a better picture of the completed place mat. We moved last week and it is somewhere in a box. I will load a better picture when I find it!
Fun, cheap and colourful! The kids will love this project! It will brighten up any table!